WHY MEDEX IS SO SUCCESSFUL
- MEDEX carries out extensive marketing research, whereby it is able to provide its customers with products which suit their needs.
- Nearly all cosmetic brands focus their attention on image and presentation. Instead of being exclusively concerned with product image, MEDEX research is oriented towards quality and focuses on its product’s effects, without ever losing sight of its image.
- MEDEX intensively guides and trains importers, beauty therapists and pharmacists, who sell its products.
- MEDEX has its own creative laboratory for the development and permanent improvement of products. This laboratory is under the management of three staff members specializing in different disciplines: a chemist, a physician and a laboratory quality specialist.
- The MEDEX production process is under permanent internal and external quality control.
MEDEX IN THE MARKET
With more than 30 years of experience in the international beauty branch, MEDEX is a well-established specialist in highly active, luxurious skin preparations. MEDEX started out as a pharmaceuticals company in the nineteen seventies. The ‘Medical’ division under the divisional name ‘Steinborg’ is still one of MEDEX’s most important pillars. The specialized cosmetics were later expanded to encompass a wide range of increasingly important skin care products in the border area between ‘medical and cosmetics’, particularly products for the treatment of acne and neglected and damaged skin, this expansion took place in such a way that MEDEX is now the market leader in the field of specialist cosmetics in a number of European countries.
Cosmetics are consumer products, it is therefore in the nature of the product that where their effects are concerned, cosmetics are generally geared to the large majority of users. The special distinction of MEDEX is that more priority is given to the skin type of the user. Medex is able to offer a very wide choice of products. The MEDEX policy is to give extensive guidance and training to its saleswomen. In some countries these are sales staff working at perfume counters and in other countries they are beauty specialists, depending on the package of products which MEDEX offers in that country. In the Netherlands, the ‘Bio Science Cosmetics’ range of products are available only through beauty specialists.
MEDEX has its own creative laboratory for the development and permanent improvement of products. This laboratory is under the management of three staff members specializing in different disciplines, a chemist, a doctor and a laboratory quality specialist. MEDEX research also makes use of specialist external laboratories. The ultimate results are inspected and tested by independent laboratories.
THE PRODUCTION PROCESS
As well as the quality of the raw materials and the formulas developed in the laboratory, the production process itself plays an important role in the quality of the products. Only a select group of manufacturers, which includes MEDEX, uses the optimum production process. This involves cremes being produced in phases and each component being added at the temperature specific to that component and at the correct phase of the process. In this way, the potency of a component cannot be lost. It may be dependent on a temperature difference of just one or two degrees.
Production in accordance with hyper-modern methods and in conditions of absolute hygiene. Each and every production process is governed by the demands of purity; production takes place in a vacuum. Quality and bacteriological testing takes place three times during the process: Quality of raw materials tested prior to use. Bacteriological and mycological investigations by an independent bacteriological laboratory following production. The same investigations are repeated using sampling methods after the product has been packaged. The process is only allowed to continue after the laboratory report has been issued. For this report, MEDEX maintains a standard which is 10 times stricter than the standard usually accepted by government bodies.
Mr. Stein, (founder of Medex) in front of the “Steinborg” estate, the house of the Stein Dynasty, where beauty therapists from all over the world have gone before you to follow Medex courses, to become trained as real “anti-ageing” specialists.
With more than 30 years of experience in the international beauty branch, Medex is a well-established specialist in highly active, luxurious skin preparations.
Medex started out as a pharmaceuticals company in the nineteen seventies. The activities still leaning towards the ‘medical field’ are employed within the product lines “Steinborg” and “2M”.
The specialized cosmetics were later expanded to encompass a wide range of increasingly important skin care products in the borderline area between ‘medical and cosmetical’, particularly products for the treatment of acne and neglected and damaged skin, this expansion took place in such a way that Medex is now the market leader in the field of specialist cosmetics in a number of European countries.
At the ‘ISO 9001:2008’ presentation Mayor Ter Avest mentioned that the authority investigating and defining the certificate’s requirements, informed him that the Medex-organisation was of such high quality, even beforehand, that the certificate was obtained very quickly. The ISO-certificate implies that organisation and management meet all international requirements and are aimed completely at optimal client satisfaction. The Dutch cosmetics institute residing in Zwiggelte prides itself in combining product development and production under one roof. It exists for more than 30 years and is constantly pushing out its boundaries. In the Netherlands and in Denmark Medex is market leader and its export to about thirty other countries is growing. “A company that is capable of meeting all European standards and regulations is an excellent company”, said Mayor Ter Avest approvingly.
- Medex products should be suitable for sensitive skin*
- Natural components are used wherever possible
- All products are submitted to independent testing on a regular basis
- Continual improvements based on up-to-date medical and biochemical knowledge
- No adding of colouring agents or artificial odours unless absolutely necessary
- Of the active components only the most effective form and combinations are used
- The non-active components (the carriers) are only of the highest quality No economizing on quality
- No animal testing